cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving Mailing-Lists
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:36:56 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Mardi, 24 juin 2003, à 09:27 Europe/Zurich, Gianugo Rabellino a écrit :
>
>> ...AFAIK you have to ask MARC to "subscribe" to the new lists: by
>> sending a mail to webguy@theaimsgroup.com with subject "Add a list to
>> MARC"....
>

> But won't this create two archives for each list, one with the old and
> one with the new name?
> This is ok but has to be explained somewhere so that people can search
> the whole corpus if needed.

Yep. But I don't see any real alternative, unless MARC is able (and
willing) to

1. subscribe two lists to the same archive;

2. alias the archives so that dev@cocoon is available also as
"xml-cocoon-dev".

Actually, however, I see no harm in having our present *and* future list
referenced by MARC as "xml-cocoon-dev": might be slightly misleading
since it doesn't make clear that cocoon is now a TLP, but is our ego
really so high? ;-)

> And even if the old archives are moved under the new name it would be a
> problem as there are zillions of links to the current names in our lists
> and on the wiki, which would then fail I assume.

Yes, moving is out of question (unless MARC guarantees some kind of
redirect, but again this would be asking too much from a volunteer and
unsponsored effort).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino