cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: Moving Mailing-Lists
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:27:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>Le Mardi, 24 juin 2003, à 08:31 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit
>>>If noone is against it, I will request for moving the mailing-lists
>>>tomorrow (before the beta release).
>>Do you plan a document explaining the move and how to find the old and
>>new archives?
> No :( - to be honest, I haven't thought about the archives. I thought
> that the archives would be somehow moved as well. Hmm, does anyone
> know more about this?

AFAIK you have to ask MARC to "subscribe" to the new lists: by sending a
mail to with subject "Add a list to MARC". I
would say that the roadmap should be:

1. create the lists (should have been done already);

2. ask MARC to archive them;

3. verify that MARC is done;

4. move the lists to the new locations.

I guess that this pretty much rules out moving the lists tomorrow:
archives are too important IMO to be left aside.

Also, I'm afraid that it would be pretty tough to have the MARC guys
sync the two lists in one single archive, but nothing forbids us to ask. :-)

LMK if I can be of any help,

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -