cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject commit access on Cocoon for sub project committers (was: ResourceExistsAction)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:22:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>Technically, all Lenya people have Cocoon CVS commit karma if I read the
>>avail file correctly.
>
> Hmmm, if this is the case, that even Forrest committers has to have this
> kind of right.

[RT] Why Forrest is not/does not become a subproject of Cocoon while
it's so heavily based on it?

> but, BTW, are we sure we want to allow committers of
> projects based on cocoon to have direct access to cocoon?

We have no influence on the votes I guess? At the moment it's easy to
have a look on the sub project votes, but what if the Cocoon community
or at least the number of sub projects will grow?

> in theory, I see nothing wrong since they are all part of the family and
> they normally end up having commit access on both projects anyway,

Same opinion here

> but making it automatic could be too much.

and here. If people are already committers for a sub project, there is
no problem if they (or their community) ask for committer access on
Cocoon. Similar like Cocoon/Excalibur.

Cocoon committers don't have commit access on the sub projects, do they?

Joerg