cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Flow] Preparing the vote - long!
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:04:27 GMT
On 24/06/2003 0:25 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

(2-mail-pattern, let's hope it works)

> I was suggesting we remove it from the FOM as I see no reason to connect
> sitemap programmatic artifacts in the flow realm. Read the title, it
> starts with [flow], is the context clear enough?

Yes. I'm very sorry to have read more than you typed. It was not out of
paranoia, but because I _am_ genuinely concerned that Flow must become a
integral part of the community hivemind in order to succeed, and pushing
it while dropping something else might be detrimental to that effect.
But I misread you, apparently, so never mind. The caveat was already
there. The concern remains.

> Anyway, I think we got the point that you people there at OT have such a
> great and better way of doing stateful control using actions.
>
> What about stopping your "Stefano will kill actions under our feet"
> paranoia and throw some code in the scratchpad to show your point?
>
> maybe both sides can learn something in the process.

As I carefully typed before reluctantly injecting my own little piece of
concern into this discussion:

<quote>Oh. Do please read this as a neutral observation, will you? I'm
not into flames. If I'm wrong with my observation, just say so and I'll
withdraw to my cave. ;-)</quote>

Thanks, Stefano. Is this a Cultural Revolution thing or what? Could you
please play the ball instead of the man?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org