cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [Flow] Preparing the vote - long!
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:06:48 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> on 6/20/03 2:01 PM Christian Haul wrote:
>>Reinhard Pötz wrote:

>>>**************************************************************
>>>* Component loading                                          *
>>>**************************************************************

>>Fine. Although I don't see the possible abuse here.
>
> Having access to sitemap components would allow the flow writer to
> assemble pipelines at runtime, which is the closest thing I to abuse of
> cocoon internals I can think of.

Oh I see -- but that would require some hard core hacking. Someone who
is determined enough to do that will probably find another way even with
this restriction.

Although I don't like to mention it, action are dual use and by removing
special support and restricting access to non-sitemap components they
are completely banned. Yes, a sitemap component could refer to a regular
component to do the job, but....

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l