cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Welcome the new ASF members
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:51:24 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>It is with real pleasure that I announce that three cocoon committers
>were elected members of the ASF in the last round of votation that ended
>today.
>
> Vadim, Sylvain and Carsten (in alphabetical order by their last names)
>
>Hoping that they will accept the invitation, I welcome them into the
>higher level of ASF participation.

WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW !! What a pleasant surprise !

I am very honoured by this nomination, and heartedly thank those who
proposed me.

Member elections is a blind process for non-members, but I guess Stefano
must be for something in this ;-)

In 3 years using Cocoon (I started in july 2000), and 2 years of
committership (april 2001), I can say that Cocoon and Apache changed my
life. Cocoon is everywhere in my work (since july 2000, when it was
created, 95% of the projects made by my company are using it), and
allowed me to know a lot of people that were first names on mailing
lists, then friends on mailing lists, and now friends in real life and
business partners.

My actual involvement isn't always what I would like it to be (I need
some time for my wife and 2 sons and also for customer projects), but
the passion is there, both for the project and its community, and I can
assure you it will last.

Many thanks.

Sylvain