cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Linotype editing: browser requirements?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:10:47 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Hey, wait a second. The ad-hoc namespace is added as a wrapper by the
> request processing pipeline, it is *NOT* sent by the client code.

I see. I'm still thinking that it's best to reuse an existing namespace
(if there's a suitable one available) rather than make up an ad-hoc one
every time. I'll try to see what can be done.

> So, if you upload files from a browser, you have to use multipart-form
> encoding. period.

I guess we'll have to live with this. Transparent upload of images is
worth a few design compromises.

By the way, I'm not able to confirm it now, but it looks like you can't
save images that are drag&dropped from another browser window (i.e.
loaded via HTTP), even though they are displayed in the editor box. I
was thinking that this might be security-related (cross-site scripting
and all that), but then why is it able to display the image?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/