cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Linotype editing: browser requirements?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:03:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>Could it be useful to document this "feature" along with the usage
>>instructions?
> It is written clearly in the samples note that you need to enable file
> upload to make it running.

Sorry, but when you access the sample page and you find instructions on
it, you start to think that it's all that's needed and you don't go
around looking for README.txt files ;-).

> I think the current solution is the simplest thing that can possibly
> work. And I love it that way because it's so simple it hurts, expecially
> if you think on how much more complex it can be done to achieve the
> exact some thing in the name of some design purism that, IMO, has yet to
> show its value in real life.

Rather than design purism, my observations were mode driven by the
desire of having a cleaner interface between the backend and the client,
as this might ease interoperability with other tools. Well, you might
say that it's just FS, what "other tools" am I talking about? Besides,
not using multipart encoding would avoid all the problems with file
uploading in Cocoon.

It's a strange sensation, however, hearing you preach the virtues of
"just getting it done" without first having nailed down all the possible
contracts before. I guess everyone of us has to have one of these
moments, once in a while ;-).

> I didn't use a database: I didn't need one.

Granted.

> But, as usual, patches are welcome.

I'll try to do my best. Unfortunately, I had some problems upgrading to
Moz 1.4 at the office, so I had to wait until I got home and started
wrapping my head around the code yesterday night. Looks like it's quite
easy to follow, my compliments.

	Keep up the good work,

		Ugo

--