cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Linotype editing: browser requirements?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:16:29 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>> Anyway, I'm wondering why the multipart request. Is it because of
>> images? If it weren't for images, wouldn't it be better to POST a
>> text/xml body with all the necessary information, putting the "verb"
>> (save, delete, etc.) in the URI, in the style of REST?
>
> Probably so. And if we need multipart to achieve such a *huge* usability
> boost, I'm all for using it! :-)

Me too, even though I'd love to have the Linotype backend as a
REST-style Web Service. In my vision, the editor should just POST an XML
document, using some well-known schema (say RSS, augmented with Dublin
Core for metadata) instead of an ad-hoc namespace like
"http://www.betaversion.org/linotype/news/1.0". Can we have this
together with transparent upload of images? Well, I don't know, but I
think I'm going to look into the code in a few minutes.

> BTW, Stefano: Linotype *really* kicks ass. Problem is that from you we
> aren't expecting anything less, so this is why you are not getting all
> the kudos you deserve. :-) But it's really, really, really a good job!

Ditto.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/