cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linotype editing: browser requirements?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:58:43 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> >> No, no need for that. It took me half an hour to figure that problem out
>> myself and it's an indication of how generally badly designed is
>> cocoon's handling of multipart-encoded POST requests.
>

> Could it be useful to document this "feature" along with the usage
> instructions?

I just did it, adding it to the linotype "howto" news. Anyway, it should
probably be done better, raising an error in case such feature was not
implemented.

> Anyway, I'm wondering why the multipart request. Is it because of
> images? If it weren't for images, wouldn't it be better to POST a
> text/xml body with all the necessary information, putting the "verb"
> (save, delete, etc.) in the URI, in the style of REST?

Probably so. And if we need multipart to achieve such a *huge* usability
boost, I'm all for using it! :-)

BTW, Stefano: Linotype *really* kicks ass. Problem is that from you we
aren't expecting anything less, so this is why you are not getting all
the kudos you deserve. :-) But it's really, really, really a good job!

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino