cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: FOM blocking 2.1 release
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:42:44 GMT
On 15/06/2003 0:31 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>  1) I will try to patch the FOM for the proposed plan for June 24th.
>
>  2) If I can't do it, we release with what we have and we state loud and
> clear that the FOM contract should be considered unstable and that might
> change in future releases.

Just some quick thoughts out the top of my head:

I don't understand the intention of your mail subject. What do I mean: I
don't see FOM blocking any release, I just see FOM not being ready yet,
partly caused by the small amount of people being involved in it ATM
(neutral observation).

It has been our own decision to consider a stable FOM as being part of a
2.1 release. Or we change that decision, or we release later. From what
I hear, quite a few people find flow to be the quantum leap for Cocoon,
and 2.1 seems like a good release version to indicate this to the world.

Some people think we should ship 2.1 before summer, even though FOM will
be marked as a transient thing. Others don't mind a stable 2.1, and can
still live with the Milestone thing. Personally, I find shipping
instable foundations for what is being regarded as the New Great Thing a
dangerous thing, but then again I don't mind waiting for another couple
of months.

So, my question is: what do people _want_ to see finished in 2.1? FOM?
New portal FW? Form FW consolidation? Anything else?

I'm just curious, really.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org