cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon and upgrading to Fortress
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:57:46 GMT

And, I would draw the following comparison: Fortress is to ECM what
Merlin will be for Phoenix.
* ECM is embeddable, so is Fortress
* Phoenix is stand-alone server, so is Merlin
* and, you can use Fortress inside Merlin (for component management),
but not the other way around
(of course it is probably possible to embed Merlin's component manager
in Cocoon, but that doesn't make much sense without the rest of Merlin,
IMHO),

Rgds,
Neeme