cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject [Vote] Release Cocoon 2.1 and Cocoon 2.0.5
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:27:35 GMT
Hello,

since nearly 9 months (!) we have been speaking about a Cocoon 2.1
release:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103286944631116&w=2

> If we agree, we could make an alpha release very soon, fix the
> bugs, move the not finished components into scratchpad, make
> a beta - let's say by the 18th of November :) - and
> release 2.1 in december.

So we seem to have 6 a delay of 6 months.

Now the people get impatient
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105550505807553&w=2)
and in the FOM implementer's estimation (at least Chris') the
implementation and stabilization will take to much time to allow a
further delay on the Cocoon 2.1 release
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105552603401201&w=2,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105552533000322&w=2).

So we only have one option: release Cocoon 2.1 as soon as possible :-)

Ok, there are some other options this vote is about:

[   ] Release Cocoon 2.1 /immediately/. Carsten suggested the 24th of
June as target date for a first beta release
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105548603125507&w=2),
but do we really need a beta?

[   ] Release Cocoon 2.1 beta 1 /immediately/ (24th of June). This means
more or less ignoring the FOM too. It's for a stabilization phase.
Upayavira pointed out that a beta release could attract more people to
use Cocoon 2.1 in production and we will possibly get bug reports before
carving the release in stone
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105549624800658&w=2).

[   ] Release further milestones while implementing the FOM. Cocoon 2.1
will be released subsequently.

I hope I didn't forget an option. This is not a yes/no vote as it is
mostly. But I hope we will get consensus either.

With Cocoon 2.0.5 it's simpler. No big things have to be done delaying a
release. IMO it's only about the time to release a further minor
release, 2.0.4 is almost exactly half a year old.

[   ] Release Cocoon 2.0.5 as soon as possible.

Joerg