cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [BUG]: Endless recursion in source resolving
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:38:52 GMT
volker.schmitt@basf-it-services.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>additional comment about the performance.

>It seams that we need to write our own handwritten parser for the URI
>stuff. What do you think?

Any specialized parser would be faster than generic parser such as
regexp. And, regexp library is not optimized for matching long strings
(together with some regexp constructs) due to its recursive design. See
regexp bugzilla for more details.

Thus, I would prefer not to use regexp in tight spots, but use something
simpler & faster.

Vadim
(disclaimer: I've got no idea how regexp got into sourceresolving in the
first place)