cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira">
Subject Component validities and Caching
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:17:46 GMT
I'm looking into why the if-modified-since behaviour doesn't work from the
command line.

I've found that it puts a LinkGatherer component into the pipeline, which isn't
cacheable, thus preventing caching. I've added a LinkGathererValidity and set the
key to "valid" and made isValid() always return VALID, i.e. the LinkGatherer
cannot ever be invalid.

Having added this means that generateCachingKey returns with
cacheCompleteResponse = true, which is good.

But then validatePipeline() checks to see if the content is in the store, but can't find

How do I make the LinkGatherer have minimal impact upon caching? Can I set it
to 'ignore this component', or have I done the right thing by setting it to always
return VALID. Is it okay that getKey() always returns the same thing (i.e. the string

Thanks in advance,

View raw message