cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: What hacks are going on in Cocoon?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 08:38:58 GMT
Hello Bruno,

Bruno Dumon wrote:
>>startElement[
>>uri: '', localName:'xhtml:div', raw:'xhtml:div']
>>endElement[
>>uri:'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml', localName:'div', raw:'xhtml:div']
>
> if these are corresponding start and end element events, then this is
> obviously wrong.

Yes, these are :-(

>>And using XSLTC:
>>startElement[uri: '', localName: 'xhtml:test1', raw: 'xhtml:test1']
>>endElement  [uri: '', localName: 'xhtml:test1', raw: 'xhtml:test1']
>>startElement[uri: '', localName: 'ns0:test2',   raw: 'ns0:test2']
>>endElement  [uri: '', localName: 'ns0:test2',   raw: 'ns0:test2']
>>startElement[uri: '', localName: 'test3:test3', raw: 'test3:test3']
>>endElement  [uri: '', localName: 'test3:test3', raw: 'test3:test3']
>>startElement[uri: '', localName: 'xhtml:div',   raw: 'xhtml:div']
>>endElement  [uri: '', localName: 'xhtml:div',   raw: 'xhtml:div']
>
> In a namespace-aware environment, this certainly isn't allowed either.
> For more background see also
> http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=namespaces

Thanks for the link, I will read it today.

> If you put the loggingtransformer right behind the xslt transformer,
> then these are problems with xalan.

Not remembering the LogTransformer I did the logging in the
HTMLSerializer, but I get the same output using LogTransformer.
And I saw XSLTC does not use any prefix mapping, but as you can see it
does neither use URIs. How is it propagating namespaces? Through
xmlns:xyz="anyUri" attributes? That's the only possibility I can imagine.
But why does XSLTC use SAX in such a bad way? They completely ignore the
/SAX contract/. And why does SAX allow this?

Joerg