cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unusual behaviour with <xsp-uti:include-uri/>
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:21:08 GMT
Geissel, Adrian wrote:
> Hi,
> Firstly, I should have mentioned that we're running Cocoon 2.0.4
>
> Now for some more information - and it's really bizarre!
>
> The stylesheet "query-to-options.xsl" contains two comments before the first
> element:
> one for the copyright, and
> one explaining its purpose.
>
> *REMOVING* these comment sections causes the offending exception, and
> associated spinning thread, to disappear! Very bizarre! To be sure, the
> comments are well formed, and do not contain and wierd or unusual
> constructs, other than two  comments placed before the root element (but
> then again, never experienced any issues doing this upto now).
>
> Any ideas?

You are probably the victim of an XML parser getting more strict with
the XML spec.

Having comments outside the root element of a document is _not_ well
formed, and any XML parser is free to reject that.  If you move those
comments INSIDE the root element, you should also lose the exceptions.

The separate issue that needs to be addressed is why is a thread
spinning if there is an error with a document?  Cocoon needs to be
able to handle this failure more gracefully and shut down any threads
that were created for processing purposes.