cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [CLI] Breaking CocoonBean Interface
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:19:27 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>On 4 Jun 2003 at 23:22, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>>It is particularly the removal of the Destination interface that
>>>breaks the interface. However, removing the setDestDir will certainly
>>>make a cleaner interface. I'll do that.
>>>

>>Thanks. Sorry for me being slow.
>>

>Slow to reply, or slow to understand? ;-)
>
>I didn't remove it in the end, because it would have taken quite a bit of plumbing to

>work around its non-presence (in order to at least keep the CLI interface the same).

Hm... I found only one place to be changed in Main.java. Line 481, need
to pass destDir. Otherwise, there is no major changes in CLI.

>Perhaps I should deprecate it and remove it later?

It's not the best idea because this class was just recently created.
It's better either to leave it alone or remove.

And one more thing... CocoonBean.java, line 166: error text does not
make much sense in Bean context (what is "-d"? :), this text is
appropriate in Main.java. And System.exit should be replaced with
exception, I guess you already know this.

Vadim