cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: The end of the infamous endorsed libs problem : ParanoidCocoonServlet now really paranoid
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:17:41 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mardi, 3 juin 2003, à 15:28 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ...Damn. How to solve this ? Install another Tomcat ? Yeah, it will
>> work, but will add yet-another-JVM to the server, which I wanted to
>> avoid. So, I decided to use ParanoidCocoonServlet, and discovered
>> that it was actually not paranoid at all because it was not using the
>> ParanoidClassLoader it was supposed to use :-(
>

> Great, thanks! More signal, less noise ;-)
> You've been wikified for posterity at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem

Thanks Bertrand "the wikifier" !

However, I do not consider my initial post as some ultimate literature
that should go to posterity, and rewrote the whole thing with much more
details and explanations. I don't know if it's perfect, but at least
it's better ;-)

I also included some explanations for Geoff about the ClassCastException.

Comments & updates welcome !

Sylvain