cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [CLI] Breaking CocoonBean Interface
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:26:28 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>Dear All,

>The changes include:
>1) Improved broken link handling
>2) Replaced Destination interface with ModifiableSources

>   <uri type="append" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html" dest="build/dest/"/>
>   <uri type="replace" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html"
>dest="build/dest/docs.html"/>
>   <uri type="insert" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html"
>dest="zip://*.zip/page.html"/>

It took me some time to understand meaning of "append", "replace",
"insert". Can we choose some other names for this, and/or combine append
and replace types together? (What would happen in "replace" type while
processing more than one page?) Also, what goes instead of '*' in "insert"?

And one more question... Can you remind me why src-prefix attribute is
necessary? My guess is that it specifies "base" directory, and no
crawling happens above it. If my guess is right, attribute can be named
"src-base"...

>It is this that breaks the interface to the CocoonBean. Now, instead of passing a
>Map of destinations, or a single destination, you call addTarget(). There are a
>number of versions of this method, with increasing functionality:
>
>CocoonBean cocoon = new CocoonBean();
>
>// Functionality most like before:
>cocoon.setDestDir("built/dest/");

CocoonBean was introduced just recently and we had no single beta
release yet, so I think it's ok to break this interface. If method
setDestDir is not necessary anymore, feel free to remove it.

Vadim