cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: dbxml
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:27:41 GMT
On 2/06/2003 18:57 John Merrells wrote:

> Good. Who has the final word on this though? Is it the Cocoon PMC?
> Or is there an Apache PMC...?

We (the Cocoon PMC) make sure to properly check copyright and licensing
issues before committing anything to our code base.

Looking at your enquiries, I believe we should be better informed about
what exactly you want us to add to Cocoon CVS. Essential to our license
however is the no-strings-attached character, also for redistribution:
except for providing proper credits, people are essentially free to do
whatever they want with our work.

If you can be more specific on what exactly you plan to contribute,
we'll check with some license peeps in the Apache innards, but the
Cocoon PMC is ultimately responsable for legal oversight.

Cheers,

</Steven> - Cocoon PMC Chair
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org