cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: multiple catalogue search
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:20:31 GMT
On 04.Jun.2003 -- 01:36 PM, Mato Mira, Fernando wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Continuing with my work on customization, I'd like to be able to search
> multiple catalogs,
> so if the customized web name is "foo" I'd like to be able to do:
>
> 1. search translation in appropriate file of "messages_foo" catalog
> hierarchy
> 2. If no entry is found, search translation in appropriate file of
> "messages" catalog hierarchy
>
> Even more than two catalogs hierarchies could be used, to accomodate for
> domain-specific jargon, eg:
>
> 1. search messages_novartis hierarchy
> 2. search messages_biochemical hierarchy
> 3. search messages hierarchy

If you were using InputModules for the look up (unfortunately, you
don't tell us how / what you search and what happens with the result),
you could create a new instance of the ChainMetaModule with an
arbitrary number of other modules ie. XMLFileModules each one
associated with one XML file for lookup. The first module that
contains a value for the key will be used, otherwise the list is
searched in the given order.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l