cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: A proposal for a best practice project
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:04:19 GMT
Le Lundi, 16 juin 2003, à 08:56 Europe/Zurich, Ross Gardler a écrit :

> .. The purpose of this mail is twofold:
>
> 1) notify the community of this project..

Thanks, your project sounds interesting to me.

I think it would be good to include such best practices app as blocks
in Cocoon, so that people can look at them easily without having to
integrate external stuff.

> ...How can this use case be expanded/developed to make it an excellent
> demonstrator of the portal framework and cocoon in general?

I's say keep it simple and focused on the few use-cases that showcase
what Cocoon portals can do.

> ...Can other parts of Cocoon be showcased within this project (e.g.
> Lenya
> as the CMS for the tourist authorities, the new FOM, a Forms
> framework)? Of course I don't want this to get too big for me to
> handle alone, but if there are people working in these areas that
> would like to coordinate efforts...

Most probably you'll need forms and Flow to implement your portal, but
I think the main demo should not use too many different tools. Maybe
you can structure it in different blocks though, which could
demonstrate different parts of Cocoon.

> ...Shall I keep the project discussions on this list, or should I
> start a
> project elsewhere (e.g. SF/Krysalis/CocoonDev) and report back to this
> list on significant events?...

Discussing it here will probably be more efficient, but as there hasn't
been many answers to your proposal, you probably need to seed the
project with some code first to get feedback. If you can send a patch
it could be a start (assuming others are ok on having such a sample as
a block in Cocoon).

-Bertrand