cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject RE: resolving the DTDs nightmare
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:38:43 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> <snip/>
> > We also do some specific validation of certain core configuration
> > using RELAX NG and the Jing task. This works fine for validating
> > the cocoon.roles file (note it has an internal DTD subset). We were
> > also doing some experimental validation of other files, such as
> > **/book.xml files. However, there are problems now, because the parser
> > that is used still needs to resolve the DTD. I presume that it does not
> > use an entity resolver, ...<snip/>
>
> Yes, exactly - I thought for some minutes about extending the jing task
> to use a resolver (or better the xmlcatalog from ant) but after looking
> at the jing code I withdrew from that idea.

Bugger. I was going to look into the Jing code because that would be the
ideal - make Jing use the xml-commons entity resolver. I see that there
is a newer Jing available - will investigate sometime.

Anyway, what do you think of the other issue - the idea of getting rid
of Cocoon's validate-xdocs target?

--David