cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject bug handling guideline (Re: Unresolved bugs with patches)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:29:43 GMT

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=Blocker&product=Cocoon+2&order=Bug+Number

> 1. Vadim, 2002-09-21: "Blocking 2.1 release"
> 2. Berin, 2002-07-11 (bug reporter)
> 3. 2002-11-07, uncommented
> 4. caching issue, last comment written by you only 5 days ago, waiting
> for user actions
>
> IMHO only the last one is acceptable.

The Bugzilla-definition of a "Blocker" is pretty simple. "Blocker - Blocks
development and/or testing work." (See
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/queryhelp.cgi#severity)

Obviously some people use that attribute for a different purpose.

The same unfortunately seems to be true for the "version" attribute which is
used not just for the first version of the software for which the issue is
known but as a milestone attribute as well. This leads to a loss of
information.

> But what about a bug handling guideline?
> Is there something similar for the Apache community in general?

This is what I think is needed - and can be a result of this thread.

Andreas