cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject [Flow] Scope and Sessions
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:41:06 GMT
Today I tried to find out how sessions and flow work together:

1. If my tests are correct the global scope of a flow only
   lives as long as the session which the flow is tied to is
   active.

   So if the session expires or you use another client to
   continue a 'waiting' function you only have access to the
   local scope within the flow function.

2. All scripts within a <map:script>...></> part share the
   same global context. If you want to share more objects
   you need another scope (request, session, context).

Is this description correct? If yes is this the intended behaviour?

>From a technical point of view, are there any other possiblities
of implementing the JavaScript global scope.

If so has there ever been a community decision (vote) which of
these possibilities is best?

I'm only asking because I'm curious - no offense to anybody!

Best regards,
Reinhard