cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [SourceResolver] getLastModified() for cocoon:// sources always returns 0
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:04:38 GMT

> From: Christopher Oliver [mailto:res1cf5x@verizon.net]
>
> You're right. But it's a bad idea to use the cocoon://
> protocol as the
> source for JXTemplateGenerator (as it would be also for
> TraxTransformer,
> for example). In effect you are generating a new "program" for every
> request, that must be recompiled for every request, which is clearly
> _very_ inefficient. Perhaps caching could fix this in some
> cases, but it
> seems like a bad practice in the first place.

Not in my use case. I use "datasource" pipelines that provide raw data
only instead of objects. I'm aware that those parts can't be compiled
but I'm completly satisfied if the Cocoon internal caching mechanism
works. I'll check why source.getValidity() doesn't work for me with the
latest CVS.

Reinhard