cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [SourceResolver] getLastModified() for cocoon:// sources always returns 0
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:23:18 GMT

> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
>

> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
> >If I call the method getLastModified() for cocoon://
> >sources the return value is always 0. Is this the
> >correct behaviour?
> >

> Yes !
>
> >If yes at least the JXTemplateGenerator (line 2868)
> >doesn't work correctly and I think some more components too.
> >

> Didn't look at it, but 2.1 components should rely on
> Excalibur Sources
> and the associated SourceResolver (looked up in the component
> manager)
> to use the Source's validity.

Thank you!

If I understand this correctly I get with

    source.getValidity()

the SourceValidity. But if I call e.g. cocoon://blablalba.xml this
method returns null. The default pipe is the caching pipe
and I use it with

<map:pipeline>
</map:pipeline>

If I resolve a resource using the file protocol a SourceValidity object
is returned.

Do I have to change something to get a SourceValidity object returned
from a cocoon source?

Reinhard