cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-fileupload
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 04:45:43 GMT
on 5/22/03 3:24 PM Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just being curious, is there any reason that Cocoon does not use the
> jakarta commons fileupload library, or
> is it hidden somewhere?

Cocoon used to use the MaybeUpload, than we migrated to our own code and
we had pluggable version of a request-wrapping-factory but I blasted
that (after community votation) because that pluggability was fake anyway.

We do not use the jakarta commons fileupload library and there is no
good reason for this rather than:

 1) it currently works
 2) nobody ever said anything about it

Note that in the future I have an RT waiting for how to change the way
cocoon handles uploading, by moving it from 'all encompassing' (as it is
today) to pipeline granular.

I'm using file upload pretty extensively in linotype and it's working
pretty good, are you experiencing any problem?

--
Stefano.