cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] What is OSS [was: Cocoon Stammtisch]
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 16:37:04 GMT
on 5/20/03 2:42 AM Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

>>FYI, OpenSMS portray in their material "OSS license", but I got the news
>
> today
>
>>that;
>>1. The product cost Euro 30.000.
>>2. Comes with source
>>3. Not allowed to resell the product, only the Value-Add.
>>4. Not allowed to redistribute the source.
>

> I think that is "Unlauterer Wettbewerb" (unfair competition).

Unfair? no, it's just a license. You can state anything (legal) you want
in your license. You can say that you don't allow your software to be
used on computers that don't have an Intel CPU intalled, and that you
don't allow this to be installed on computers that *previously* had
linux installed or that have have a black case.

Up to you.

Of course, not all licenses are smart.

--
Stefano.