cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SoC between flow and sitemap
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 00:13:24 GMT
on 5/19/03 2:34 PM Marc Portier wrote:

Marc,

from the various questions you posed in this thread, it appeard to me that:

 1) you have never used the flow
 2) you have only a stereotypical notion of what it is and what it can
do for you
 3) you have your own way of doing webpps and you like it
 4) you would like to keep using it in the future
 5) you are afraid that the flow will make it harder for you to keep
using it

please, correct me if I'm wrong with any of the above.

Now:

 1) the contracts between the "transition controller" and the object
model will be solidified with the addition of an object to the object
model. I will propose to call it "FlowModel" and it will be a read-only map.

 2) actions aren't going anywhere for Cocoon 2.1

 3) I showed (and you agreed) that there a contract between views and
controller is needed and that the sitemap is not the right place to
describe it.

So far so good. The above should remove all of your fears and close this
thread (which is loosing focus). If not, please, let's try to keep focus.

                                 - o -

This said, before comparing the flow with anything else, please, at
least, use it once.

--
Stefano.