cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon:// design bug?
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 16:00:24 GMT
on 5/17/03 11:26 PM Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>Result: I vote -1 to any modification of the cocoon: protocol behavior
>>

> <me-too/>
>

>>until we release Cocoon 2.1
>>

> I wouldn't change it after 2.1 too, but let's see...

no, you didn't get my point: the modifications I'll propose after 2.1 is
not to *augment* the behavior, but to *restrict* it.

> PS I don't like relative (like ../../) cocoon:// URIs at all. Some time
> ago we decided that root sitemap (cocoon://) and this sitemap (cocoon:/)
> is all we would allow.

with "real blocks", you don't need cocoon:// at all! It will be left for
 back compatibility, but I'll propose to deprecate it and trigger a
DEPRECATION warning in the logs if used.

--
Stefano.