cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: Using Java to define Cocoon Flow
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 18:23:33 GMT
on 5/16/03 1:36 AM Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>FS never stops.
>
> I simply love Python, please don't shoot me ;-)

I like python too. I used it for Agora and for my gluecode around the
betaversion.org spam filter system. So, don't get me wrong, it's just
that we should not fail to see *why* we have the flow in javascript:

 1) we have continuations
 2) syntax is friendly to java developers
 3) syntax is friendly to DHTML/Flash client side developers
 4) syntax is java-unfriendly enough to force you to separate your
business logic into java strongly-typed components

I see no other scripting language that gives us all this. Even the use
of java itself (if it had continuations) we improve #2 but miss #3 and #4.

IMHO, the current implementation brings the best social balance.

--
Stefano.