cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Excalibur XMLUtil and Store
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 01:19:01 GMT
on 5/14/03 11:35 AM Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>Ah, some people would be happy to hear that we now both fully agree
>>that, with the advent of flow and JX/XSLT/XQuery-based templating, the
>>use of XSP should be dicouradged and should be moved into a block in the
>>future ;-)
>>

> <sob> I'll miss 'em... </sob>  Block is a good idea though.

nono, nothing to miss: moving into a block means "refactoring", not
"removal".

Also "discouradged" means: there are better ways to achieve the same
exact thing. But there will be ways were XSP make sense and for that
reason, will be continued to be supported for a long while I would guess
(that is, as long as somebody cares for it).

--
Stefano.