cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Excalibur XMLUtil and Store
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 16:12:56 GMT
on 5/14/03 10:51 AM Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>As a sidenote, I managed to infect Ricardo back with all the memes about
>>flow, blocks, DHTML, mozilla, software darwinism and more. He's so
>>excited that he can't even sleep at night (I'm serious!). Knowing him, I
>>wouldn't be surprised if I wake up tomorrow and he wrote the whole block
>>architecture and deployment manager :-)
>>

> What is Ricardo doing now ? He's been away for such a long time... Is he
> still using Cocoon and following what's going on here ?

I expect he will be able to answer that soon by himself ;-)

for the record, he's been away for a long time and needed someone to put
 him up to speed. I did that and I'm also teaching him how to keep up
with email and darwinistic software development practices (something he
really never managed to do well, but I'm sure he'll do)

again, for the record: he's been using EJB stuff lately but I infected
him with the flow and he convinced his group to write their next
data-driven webapp using cocoon flow using EJB as business logic containers.

This will give us a great deal of feedback on this approach and, maybe,
an example or a pet-store patch, we'll see. But he's working on the
system using cocoon+flow+ejb right in this very moment.

this is why we discussed so much about the FOM last night: it's on his
interests to have it rationalized and solidified before the 2.1 release
and we'll push to do so in the very near future.

Ah, some people would be happy to hear that we now both fully agree
that, with the advent of flow and JX/XSLT/XQuery-based templating, the
use of XSP should be dicouradged and should be moved into a block in the
future ;-)

--
Stefano.