cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] All POI committers given access to POI block Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - cocoon-block-poi
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:54:32 GMT
on 5/13/03 7:04 AM Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How would you guys feel about giving all POI committers CVS access to the
> HSSF Serializer block?
>
> The only downside may be granularity of CVS control, but that could be
> gotten around by saying "don't commit outside of the block" to the
> committers who are all reasonable nice guys.
>
> The advantage:  While I hope around the world, they will have the ability to
> fix these kinds of things.
>
> Alternatively, I'm game to see it moved to the POI module and genericized to
> be non-cocoon specific.
>
> Thoughts? (both lists)

I'd be in favor of moving that code to POI. Nobody else uses it and we
don't know how to manage/fix it.

I strongly believe code should reside where there is a community that
maintains it, not where it makes more sense architecturally.

But sometimes I don't find other people resonating with this vision so
count this as only my personal opinion.

--
Stefano.