cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject [Ann] Geoid: connect Cocoon with geographic information
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 17:02:35 GMT
The Geoid team is pleased to announce our fist release (0.1.0).

The goal of the Geoid project is the building of connectors
(generators, transformers, actions, etc.) between Apache Cocoon
and various geographic information services (be they proprietary
or open-source).

Currently only one connector is provided, connecting Cocoon to
a proprietary (and not exactly cheap) web-mapping package called
ArcIMS ( http://www.esri.com/arcims ).

It is not much, we know, but we are determined to soon provide Geoid
connectors to the Minnesota University's MapServer and other open-source
services.

Geoid is kindly hosted at CocoonDev.org:
http://www.cocoondev.org/projects/geoid.html

Regards,

The Geoid team.

P.S.
On a personal note, let me remind you that, on my 30 Jan 2003 posting (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104391956214816&w=2 ),
I promised to deliver a few things... and the release of Geoid completes
this delivery :)

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant
               lmorandini@ieee.org