cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Excalibur XMLUtil and Store
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 21:34:52 GMT
on 5/9/03 11:41 AM Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Peter Royal wrote, On 09/05/2003 17.36:

>>>Better yet: put it back where they belong: here!
>>>
>>>Anybody against this?
>

> -0
>
> Anybody against having Cocoon committers access the Avalon Component
> CVS?

Nicola: I don't want to receive tons of CVS messages from avalon just to
follow one single excalibur component. People will end up unsubscribing
and the community oversight is lost.

I want to avoid this.

Making every cocoon developer an avalon developer would not change the
picture by one single bit. The problem is not missing write access, is
missing community oversight: that code is watched by people who don't
care and those who should care aren't watching because the signal/noise
ratio is too low.

> Or is moving things around just a way to /feel/ better?

So what? what's wrong in doing stuff that makes you feel better?

--
Stefano.