cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon merchandise - was: Apache Cocoon logo
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 21:22:07 GMT
on 5/9/03 7:14 AM Argyn wrote:

> Cocoon's also Sony's product, btw

Cocoon is also a movie. A store of sex toys. A sofa maker. A
javadoc-like C++ documentation library. And a common dictionary word.

As much as microsoft has problems enforcing "Windows", Sony would have
terrible time enforcing Cocoon on us or anybody else.

And, in any case, we are "Apache Cocoon" and the ASF has been granted
the use of the "Apache" name as long as we remain respectful of the
spirit of the native north-american cultures.

So, just like Microsoft can't stop you from making your own t-shirt with
'windows' on it (if you didn't use any trademarked logo or graphics,
that is), Sony could not stop us from making 'cocoon' t-shirt or hats or
mugs or bouncy balls or any other fancy gadget if we used our own
graphic design that clearly identified us.

Which is the case with our current logo.

--
Stefano.