cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Gaffga" <cgaf...@triplemind.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cocoon logo [was: Re: www.wyona.org down]
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 10:05:48 GMT
> sorry to rain on the party, but I strongly dislike the apache feather
> (from an artistic point of view). We should be brave enough to stop
> using it.

It's not about the cocoon-logo, i'm always +1 with simple logos, like Atari,
only three lines and it looks great! And BTW I don't like the apache feather
as well.
I was only thinking that It would be a good thing to show in the logo, that
the cocoon project ist somehow related to apache.org.

> the SVG for the feather is sometimes bigger than the equivalent raster!!!

The size of the SVG doesn't realy matter, i think, because if your render it
with cocoon it would be serverd from the cache on the second request.

Christoph Gaffga

P.S.: Some time ago you had the folloing picture on the cocoon-site for
download:
http://www.triplemind.com/images/3rdparty/cocoon.gif, an it had the apache
feather also.
I was looking for it yesterday, but i couldn't find it anymore, where has it
gone?