cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject JXTemplateTransformer Questions
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 00:48:52 GMT
First of all, the more I use JXTemplateTransformer, the more I think it
should be replaced by intrumenting our TraxTransformer to be able to
have access to the data coming from the flow layer... what do others
think about this?

Second, is it possible to iterate over a java Collection directly with
<t:forEach>?

If not, what is the best/advisable way to do this without migrating the
data to a javascript array?

ah, also, if you have a javascript array, what do you use for #{item/?}?

[BTW, why t:forEach instead of reusing the xslt for-each name? I think
we should avoid reinventing the wheel semantically as much as possible]

last thing: if you fail to provide a meaningful #{item/?} value, the
error returned is "no pointer for xpath" and the stacktrace comes out of
Xalan!, which isn't meaningful at all! I spent half an hour
understanding this was not a xalan bug but a problem with my own failing
to provide the right item xpath.

thanks for any answer you could provide

--
Stefano.