cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M2 (was RE: defects in M1)
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 13:33:21 GMT
on 5/2/03 4:59 PM Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

>>>Argh, yes - it has been a so long time since the last release that I
>>>totally forgot about doing the release on unix. Sorry, my fault!
>>>This will be fixed of course with M2 - so I guess we should make M2
>>>by the end of next week. What do others think?
>>>

>>+1 from me
>>

> Just a quick note: I would suggest not to abuse terms. "Milestone" in
> the software development world means that some important and previously
> defined target has been reached. In theory there should be a roadmap as
> a prerequisite to milestones, but that's not a big deal.
>
> However, I'm +1 for releasing fixes soon, but I'm reluctant to call a
> "Milestone" a release where the most important achievements are EOL
> fixing and executable bits. OTOH, I don't really have any good
> suggestions... maybe M1.1?

oh, please, what's next? Cocoon 2.1-M1.4.354?

> Of course, if next week there is something more (like a good deal of bug
> squashed) it might make sense to call it M2.
>
> Or am I just being too picky? :-)

A version number is just an identifier. Since every person has a
different meaning associated to numbers, there is no way we can all
agree on something. So, let's just keep them simple.

Know what? sometimes I think we should just call it Cocoon 2.1 final
right now and stop caring that much because darwinism will make it go
anyway.

--
Stefano.