cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:34:22 GMT

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Stephan Michels wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> >If you have an algorithm/code to avoid endless loops, then I have nothing against
a redirect.

> >The only problem I see with this kind of problems is that people comes crying, if
their webapp crashes because of this trap, and blame Cocoon for it. Same story as for Windows
;-) Windows is not so restrictive, and you can do more wrong.

> Totally OT, but about windows. Have you seen
> http://www.secunia.com/advisories/8642/ ? You even don't need an
> infinite loop to crash windows : just click on the file (without even
> opening it) and Boom ! Funny, eh ?

Yes, I know... I read this on Slashdot, someone was trying to post this
snippet into the forum :-)

To come on topic again, I think I leave my -1, KISS, the simplest
solution is almost the best.

Stephan.