cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Announcement] Cocoon Portal - moving forward
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 11:44:24 GMT

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stephan Michels wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, it's fixed now - it has something do to with the inner classes
> > > formerly used in the DefaultEventManager - I removed the use of
> > > inner classes and now it works.
> > > Hmm, a little bit strange for me.
> >
> > Okay, works, thank you.
> >
> > One question, how does the PortalGenerator get the file
> > profiles/layout/portal.xml using by one parameter?
> >
> > <map:generate type="portal" label="content">
> > <map:parameter name="portal-name" value="portal" />
> > </map:generate>
> >
> This is currently hard-coded. The path is built by
> "profiles/layout/{portal-name}.xml".

Okay.

> > Another question, the HTMLRootTransformer seems to produce
> > ensure that you doesn't have multiple root elements in the
> > content?
>
> No, the basic idea is that the portal generator spits out the
> portal without the surrounding tags required for html (or
> any other format). So, you can - in theory - aggregate
> two or more portals in one page.
> This is a contract between the portal generator and the pipeline,
> the person building the portal has decided that the portal generator
> does not produce the html tag and uses the htmlroottransformer
> instead. You can - of course - do this differently.

With my understanding the ProtalGenerator is an configurable
'Aggregator', which transforms the content partially by
other components(stylesheets) for 'row', 'column', 'tab' etc.

The problem, I see, if I aggregate two or more documents, I need
a new root element, but I should first look deeper in the output
of the generator.

Another question, do you support form handling in the generator, means
if you have different forms and 'flows' within the coplets, do you
delegate the requests correctly.

Thanks, Stephan.