cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From volker.schm...@basf-it-services.com
Subject org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.MRUMemoryStore
Date Sat, 24 May 2003 15:19:59 GMT
Hi,

org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.MRUMemoryStore should lookup
"Store.PERSISTENT_STORE" only if "use-persistent-cache" (m_persistent) is
true, instead you allways need to configure a persistent store if you use
MRUMemoryStore.

MRUMemoryStore internal uses a HashMap and a LinkedList. This
implementation doesn't scale very well. My proposal is using
org.apache.commons.collections.LRUMap instead which will improve
performance.

Some time ago Vadim has committed MRUMemoryStore into the deprecated block
of cocoon (package org.apache.cocoon.components.store). This scales much
better in multithreaded environments because the methods aren't
synchronized anymore. Internal a "org.apache.cocoon.util.MRUBucketMap" is
used.
So my question is, why don't we use this implementation, to make Cocoon
more scalable? ;-)

Volker