cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Subject Problems with org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 11:33:18 GMT

I found out a problem using

If use-store is true the stylesheet template is cached inside the store and
reused for the next transformation. The problem is, that the template and
the factory hold a reference to the URIResolver which is the
XSLTProcessorImpl itself.
Is the URIResolver only used while creating the template? If yes the
current implementation works but we should set the URIResolver to null
after the template is created. If no, we may be use an URIResolver
(XSLTProcessorImpl) which is already recycled and an other problem is that
the resolve method isn't  ThreadSafe. This is an problem because the same
template is used from multible threads.

In Cocoon the template is automatic put into an persistent store if the
memory store is full. The XSLTProcessorImpl is not serializable which ends
in an I think it doesn't make sense to
store an XSLT-Template into an persistent store ?

I also propose to make the Validity check configurable, this will improve
performance in productiv environments.

View raw message