cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [OT] What is OSS [was: Cocoon Stammtisch]
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 07:08:42 GMT

> WRONG! IT IS NOT! Open Source != "I get the source code to look at".
>
> http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

Of course you are right in that is how OS is defined "by the book". I was
only implying that the actual term is often used very differently (and
wrongly)!

> The term "open source" is used flexibly only by those who don't know
> about it, but OSI does not approve licenses 'flexibly' at all.

Yes OSI says this - correct. I was not implying differently. In particular I
was not implying that the mentioned use of "open source" conformed to
anything.

Matthew