cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] FOM
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 12:22:03 GMT
+1 for the FOM as discussed for now.

Ok, this is a little bit OT, but I have to respond :)

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>  <map:serializer name="xhtml">
>   <map:transformer type="link-translation"/>
>   <map:serializer type="xhtml"/>
>  <map:serializer>
>
>  <map:match pattern="...">
>   <map:generate src="..."/>
>   <map:transform src="..."/>
>   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>  </map:match>

I think this is a very useful concept. Do you remember our discussion from
two years ago about adding url rewriting to the html serializer? I wanted
only to write <map:serialize type="xhtml"/> doing url rewriting and
the usual xhtml serialization stuff and you said, adding a transformer
before is much cleaner. (Yes, sometimes I'm a little elephant remembering
technical discussions :) ). With the concept from above we satisfy
both of us, get a clean SoC and easy use as well. Nice!

> Resources were supposed to be reusable pipelines, but *complete* ones!
> Later, they were implemented to be usable as pipeline fragments but,
> IMO, they impose some readability problems in the sitemap. The above
> aims to correct that.
>
> In fact, if the above is introduced, I would deprecate the use of
> resources that do not have a complete pipeline.

+1, the most use cases for resources I saw is exactly the thing from above.

Carsten