cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: M2 (was RE: defects in M1)
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 06:47:10 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mercredi, 7 mai 2003, à 00:20 Europe/Zurich, Daniel Fagerstrom a
> écrit :
>
> > ..., we can say that Cocoon consists of a lot of different parts
> > (kernel, modules, blocks etc), the majority of which are rock solid
> > and used in numerous webapps worldwide.  Then we list what is not
> > stable, in what way it lacks stability and that if you are going to
> > depend on these parts it is probably a good idea to subscribe the
> > dev-list right away ;)
>
> Way to go, +1 for a 2.1 release soon (but I think we must release M2
> before as it has been announced already).

Ok, here are my thoughts about a final release:

Now, on the one hand it's correct that we should not delay a final
release forever. It's obvious that it's near to impossible to make
a final release without open issues.
But on the other hand, simply saying: we can't fix all issues so
let's release regardless how many and which open issues we have is
imho not the way to go.

So, I really would like to see more open issues (= the bug list) fixed
before a final release. Bertrand, and some others, did a very good
job in the last days to decrease the number of open issues. So if we
keep on this excellent work, we can release very soon a final version,
I guess.

Now, my rough idea is to have two or three milestones and one or two betas
and then a final release.

Carsten