cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 06:32:45 GMT
This topic seems to be the most important one for years :)

Ok, currently I did not have the need for a redirect in handle-errors;
but calling this only because of this FS seems a little bit strange.
By the way, I never had a use-cause for flow, so is this... (just joking)

Anyway, we saw some people being agains allowing redirects and some
people saying "I/We need this". So what shall we do?

As there are currently many ways to do a redirect in handle-errors,
it really does not matter if we prevent a user from using a redirect-to
directly. It's only line code to write an action to make the redirect
in the handle-errors and that's it. Now we could check this as well,
than I write a reader that does this and so on.

So, in the end, as we can't prevent a redirect, I'm +1 for allowing
redirects directly.

Carsten